Wednesday, October 19, 2016
Blue Heron Bowl - UNC Wilimington
Registration for 2017 Blue Heron Bowl Open
The Blue Heron Bowl is a regional marine science quiz bowl. Two teams, each composed of 4 high school students and 1 alternate, square off against each other to answer marine science questions. The 2017 Blue Heron Bowl will be held at the University of North Carolina Wilmington. Winners of the Blue Heron Bowl will go on to compete in the National Ocean Bowl which will be held in Corvallis, Oregon .
Students who compete in Ocean Science bowls across the country gain very unique benefits.
· Knowledge of the ocean is greatly increased
· Enhanced understanding and stewardship of the ocean
· Broaden awareness of the value in researching our ocean
· Inspires learning in a way that is different from the classroom
· Helps shape and guide career planning
· Meet renowned scientists and researchers
· Build lasting friendships
· Acquire leadership skills
Teams register by completing the attached registration packet by the deadline .
Don’t have a team but interested in starting on? Check out the NOSB website to learn more, http://nosb.org/compete/form-
More information as well as the registration paperwork can also be found at the Blue Heron Bowl website, https://sites.google.com/site/