- expanded this year to two one-week sessions (6 days and 5 nights)
- ages expanded to include girls ages 12-15
- cost is a sliding scale from $100 - $608
- Sessions are June 9 -14, 2014 or July 28 - August 2, 2014
- completed applications are due to Tremont on
- for more information, visit http://www.gsmit.org/
Tuesday, January 7, 2014
Girls in Science summer camp in the Smokies
Girls interested in science have an opportunity to spend a week this summer in Great Smoky Mountains National Park at the Great Smoky Mountain Institute at Tremont.
The camp will include outdoor exploration throughout the park and participation in citizen science projects alongside real scientists and park rangers, with a goal of keeping girls excited about science as they move through their middle school years. Highlights of past Girls In Science Camps include snail studies in a temperate rainforest, evenings spent investigating insects in Cades Cove, and mornings working with specialists capturing and banding songbirds.